About the Fellowship:
The Human Rights Social Media Fellowship is a volunteer position with Freedom Forward. The goal of this communications fellowship is to build Freedom Forward’s online engagement with the public via Facebook, Twitter, and Web communications.
Social Media Fellows shall help develop Freedom Forward’s public voice and online campaigns. This online presence will include updates and information on:
- Freedom Forward campaigns and content.
- U.S. alliances with dictators and other repressive governments.
- Human rights and political updates on U.S. foreign policy.
- Allies’ campaigns and activist struggles for freedom.
- Real-life tactics and strategies that change how powerful governments behave.
Research fellows shall work together as a team under the supervision of the organization.
Summary: Volunteer fellowship, part-time to full-time available, 3 months term, renewable based on performance, location flexible.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience and skill with social media communications.
- Knowledge and interest in African, Asian, and Middle Eastern societies and issues.
- Arabic, French, or other language proficiencies a plus, but not a requirement.
- Commitment to and interest in human rights, social justice, and/or corporate social responsibility.
- A knack for generating concise and catchy political and marketing content. Strong written communication skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Motivation and ability to work independently
- Background or exposure to political, social justice, human rights, and/or activist campaigns a plus.
- Specific knowledge of repressive governments in the Middle East a plus, including Syria and repressive U.S. allies such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Israel, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, etc.
- Please email cover letter, resume, references, and a writing sample to: email@example.com.
- Write “Social Media Fellowship” in the subject line.
- State preferred start / end dates and specific time availability.
Deadline: Applications considered on a rolling basis.