Administrative Assistant (Part-Time; 5 hours / week; $30 / hour)
Position Status: Part-time
Location: Remote / U.S.
Start Date: Hiring now.
Compensation: $30 / hour @ 5 hours per week
Freedom Forward is a human rights and climate campaign organization that works to advance freedom, democracy, and climate responsibility. We believe that these values are interconnected and essential for a just and sustainable future. We are a fiscally sponsored project of Social Good Fund, a California nonprofit corporation and registered 501(c)(3) organization.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Executive Director. The Administrative Assistant is a 5 hours / week part-time U.S.-based remote work role. This position reports to the Executive Director of Freedom Forward.
About Freedom Forward:
Freedom Forward is a human rights and climate campaign organization that works to advance freedom, democracy, and climate responsibility. U.S. reliance on destructive fossil fuel takes a wide range of forms, including U.S. militarism and alliances with many repressive governments, including seven of the nine oil dictators of the Middle East. That’s why Freedom Forward works to end U.S. support for the oil monarchies of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, as well as apartheid Israel. You can read about our campaign successes here: https://freedomforward.org/results/
We are committed to promoting human rights, supporting the democratic aspirations of communities living under repressive governments, and advocating for policies that prioritize environmental sustainability and combat climate change. Through education, advocacy, and activism, we help build the world that we want to live in.
The Administrative Assistant works closely with and reports to the Executive Director. The position will provide administrative support for Freedom Forward’s advocacy, campaigning, and fundraising efforts. The position is U.S.-based and candidates shall be considered who are currently available to work remotely from within the U.S.
Provide administrative support for Freedom Forward advocacy and campaigns:
- Prepare reports, correspondence, and other documents.
- Handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Assist with travel arrangements and expense reports.
Provide administrative support for Freedom Forward coordination with other organizations:
- Maintain and update online communication networks for organizations that Freedom Forward works with.
- Manage calendars and schedule meetings.
- Conduct email correspondence with Freedom Forward partners.
- Draft and circulate agendas, updates, and notes to meeting participants.
- Maintain accurate online lists and contacts for our networks.
Support for fundraising, advocacy, campaigns, and operations:
- Research on fundraising opportunities.
- Research relevant to Freedom Forward advocacy and campaigns, including on potential allies, potential campaign targets, and other useful information.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong record of prior administrative experience.
- Demonstrated track record of strong organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy in work, and time management skills. Highly organized by predisposition.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and function as a member of a team.
- Clear English language written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable articulating professional needs, asking follow-up questions, seeking guidance when needed, and comfort “managing upward.”
- Comfort and experience communicating with high level external partners in a professional manner.
- Proficient in office productivity and communications platforms, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite, Google Calendar, Doodle, Zoom, and other video and audio conferencing platforms.
- Experience with confidential communications and security protocols, including use of encrypted communication, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Experience with scheduling and managing calendars, including Google Calendar and Doodle.
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Comfort and experience communicating with people of a wide range of backgrounds and identities. Freedom Forward allies, donors, and supporters include people of diverse backgrounds in terms of ethnicity, religion, nationality, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation.
- Familiarity with Arab and Middle Eastern cultures, communities and diaspora networks. Proficiency or fluency in Arabic is not required but can be helpful.
- General interest and exposure to activism, issue campaigning, and advocacy.
- General interest in human rights, peace issues, foreign policy, and/or climate issues, especially with regards to the Middle East and North Africa.
- Commitment to an anti-racist workplace.
- Courage: We are challenging repressive governments and powerful interests that use violence to maintain power. The ideal candidate is comfortable supporting an organization that pushes oppressive and/or corrupt entities to change their behavior.
Compensation and Benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
This part-time position is being offered at $30 per hour and offers no benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency: Fluency in written and spoken English.
Location: Remote work in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, and three references as one single PDF document via email to “info at freedomforward.org” with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
We will try to respond to all candidates in writing, however, due to the volume of applicants, we may be unable to contact every person, but we still recognize and value the time and effort you’ve taken to submit an application.