A GLOBAL STAND FOR FREEDOM:
- 45 Members of Congress have called on the U.S. to drop out of the Saudi G20. (Press conference, Ms. Magazine, Fox News.)
- 400+ Members of the European Parliament have called on European Union leaders to downgrade the EU representation at the G-20 summit.
- 20+ UK Members of Parliament are calling on the UK government to “reconsider” its participation in the Saudi G20.
- Global Mayors: The Mayors of London, Paris, New York City, and Los Angeles have all boycotted the Saudi G20 “Urban 20” summit of mayors.
Thank you to allied human rights organizations, as well as Freedom Forward members who sent hundreds of emails, made phone calls, and posted to social media urging political leaders to boycott the Saudi G20.
Press coverage of mayors’ boycotts of Saudi G20:
- “Sadiq Khan refuses to attend city mayors’ summit in Saudi Arabia,” The Guardian, Septemer 30, 2020
- “London mayor Sadiq Khan boycotts G20 to avoid ‘any implication’ of support for Saudi government,” The New Arab, September 30, 2020.
- “New York City mayor boycotts summit in Saudi Arabia over rights concerns,” Middle East Eye, September 25, 2020
- “De Blasio pulls out of upcoming summit in Saudi Arabia,” Associated Press, September 24, 2020.
- “Rights groups urge mayors of world capitals to boycott Saudi summit,” Middle East Eye, September 21, 2020
We demand that the United States immediately stop all weapons sales to Saudi Arabia and the U.A.E. and issue a full moratorium on U.S. arms sales to these two governments.
A coalition of human rights and peace organizations (including Freedom Forward) is urging the W20 “Women 20” and W20 delegates to end their silence on Saudi Arabia’s human rights violations.
The letter urges the W20 to demand that Saudi Arabia’s authorities cease their violations of women’s human rights and end their bombardment and blockades of Yemen. The letter also urges the W20 “to boycott the Saudi G20 and related W20 proceedings until Saudi Arabia acts to fully address its brutal record of human rights violations.”
Over 160,000 people are calling on the Trump administration to restore full funding to the World Health Organization (WHO), especially as the Coronavirus threat continues to grow worldwide.
We are calling on the government of Israel to stop preventing Palestinians from accessing Coronavirus health care.
Demand that management consulting firms McKinsey & Co., Boston Consulting Group, and Oliver Wyman stop supporting the Saudi monarchy’s displacement and destruction of the Huwaitat tribal community.